I found out in January that the baby I was expecting would be a GIRL! I was shocked and thrilled! I was secretly hoping for a girl but thought for sure we would have another boy. I would have been happy either way, but I was delighted that I was able to finally shop for all the cute girl things.
I couldn't WAIT to start on her nursery. When I was pregnant with my son all I could do was look at the girls bedding and clothes and accessories, frustrated that the boys stuff wasn't "as cute". Now looking back, I think I just wasn't sure how to decorate for a boy, since I grew up in a household where it was just me and my Mom.
I immediately started to look at all things GIRL! I searched and searched the internet for the perfect bedding. I already knew that I wanted a white crib and furniture for this nursery and had been planning on doing a grey and turquoise nursery if it were a boy (weird thing is, with baby no. 2 I knew exactly how I wanted the nursery to look for a boy). I searched for days and was becoming increasingly frustrated because I just couldn't find the perfect bedding. I wanted it to say girl, but not scream baby! I wanted it to be a classy and not full of butterflies.
If you know me, then you know that I am OBSESSED with all things damask. While searching through Etsy for bedding, I stumbled across the most beautiful damask bedding I had seen since I started my search. Mellissa's Boutique does beautiful work, and I love that my baby girl has hand made bedding. It took about 8 weeks "production time" and another few days to get to me after she shipped it. She was a great seller, and I'm beyond happy with her work.
I ordered the bumper and ruffle duster, and purchased my sheets from Buy Buy Baby. I had her blanket made from another Etsy shop, I wanted it to be a blanket that she would actually use and not just for decoration.
Her nursery is still a work in process and has quite a bit more nick nacks and decorations up than shown in these pictures. I guess I'll have to do an update post in the future.
-M



No comments:
Post a Comment